Saturday 11 February 2012

11th day of Bikram yoga

Definately preder bikram yoga to Zumba! Cannot believe I have been to Bikram yoga each day for 11 days straight!  Really didn't think I would keep it up but I absolutely love it !!!!!  First I'll discuss the benefits.  My skin is glowing and believe or not my hair has grown in such a short space of time, better digestive system, my body is more toned, undereye circles fading, eye whites are whiter and I am so much calmer and have a clearer mind. Due to the intenstity of the workout I have tried to change eating habits.  So here is what I have incorporated into diet:-

4 litres of water a day ( includes a cup of green tea and any cup of herbal tea with lemon in it), sounds a lot but you sweat so much your body automatically wants it and this is coming from someone who barely drank a litre of water a day.
Peanuts - Mr G said that I should eat this for muscle repair ? 
Fruit and Fibre or Muesli daily -  For digestive system to cleaner your stomach the better the yoga
Actimel - Same as above
Coconut water - to help with rehudration and replacing lost electrolytes?
Vitamins - I have bad joints which I'm hoping the yoga will help so I am taking Cod liver oil with omega 3, vitamin a, vitamin d, calcium and MSM.  A lot I know, I need advice on this.

Please note I am not saying this is for everyone, it is what I am currently trying out for me.  I have to say I was just saying to Mr G that I feel like a bodybuidler or professional athelete watching my diet alllll day!

Negatives of Bikram yoga-
-I am having at the moment is my knees as described above,  they have started to get worse but I am going to see my podiatrist in Friday for advice.
-The cost!  It's expensive!  Because I am a beginner, I am paying £30 for unlimited 30 day pass.  Also, if I want to pay £149 for an unlimited month pass after I will get the next month free so I will definatley pay next month.  I honestly do not what will happen afterwards!
-The Bikram yoga kit, it is so annoying carrying everything around, but.... I have seen a pretty pricey lightweight and very stylish sweaty betty bag which is perfect for sweaty garments.  I will also get a microfibre towel and yoga slip mat. I also need to by double of things so I can leave it in my bikram kit bag.  Pay day is going to be an expensive one!  I have to say though the benefits are just incredible so I forget about the negatives.



Diet and Excercise

Excercise today: Bikram Yoga
Breakfast: Porridge
Lunch: Cheese Toastie x 2  (So naughty but so yummy)
Dinner:Potato and Cheese Casserole
Snacks: After Eight, an Orange, an apple

Finances
Overdraft Limit: £1100
Credit card
: £450
Savings: £5340

No comments:

Post a Comment